PHOTOGRAPHY + MAPLE SUGARING WORKSHOP
Join Eva and Carey for a 5-day workshop in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. We'll be staying in a beautiful home settled on 200 acres of private land, right in the middle of maple sugaring season! Along with the photography and styling portion of the workshop, we'll visit a nearby sugarhouse for a tour and explanation of the sugaring process, as well as a tasting of the various grades of syrup. Also joining Eva and Carey will be the incredibly talented photographer and blogger Valentina Hortus from Hortus Cuisine. And we'll be joined once again by our friends and favorite cocktail wizards Jake and Lauren of Red & Brown, who will be teaching us how to mix up warming, wintery drinks, along with fascinating doses of cocktail history. We'll also take a tour of Caledonia Spirits —a local award-winning distillery that produces raw honey–sweetened gin, vodka distilled from fermented honey (the best vodka ever, for reals), and a wonderfully unique barrel-aged gin with hints of whiskey. Come experience an abundance of beverages, cheeses, maple-inspired dishes, and all the other amazing things this cozy little state has to offer.
- Workshop material covers: adjusting internal camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and their effects on the image, lenses and their focal lengths, manipulation of natural lighting, food styling and plating, and post processing in Adobe Lightroom.
- The nearest major airports are in Burlington, VT (2 hours from the home) and Montreal, QC, Canada (2 hours from the home).
- A mirrorless, DLSR, or iPhone camera is required.
- All lodging and meals are included in the workshop's duration.
- Prices listed are per person.
- Space is limited to 7 attendees.
- Friday March 17th: Welcome dinner at 6 pm
- Saturday March 18th: Photography lessons, hands on shooting & styling, sugaring excursion, cocktail lesson
- Sunday March 19th: Styling lessons, hands on shooting & styling, maple cream demo with a cocktail lesson interlude
- Monday March 20th: Social media roundtable, Adobe Lightroom demonstration, visit to Caledonia Spirits, cocktail lesson
- Tuesday March 21st: Farewell breakfast at 9 am, guests depart by 11 am
- Private Twin Bed Shared Room SOLD OUT
- Private Twin Bed Private Room SOLD OUT
- Private Queen Bed Private Room SOLD OUT
A deposit of 50% is required to secure your registration. The remaining 50% is due November 14th, no refunds are available after booking unless you can find someone to fill your space.