When the temperature dips, brown liquor is an obvious choice. Let's not forget, however, that rum was the original American chill chaser, made even more decadent with the addition of a pat of butter. Swap our Campfire Syrup™ for the traditional sugar to add a richer, smokier note; it's like your taste buds are curling up in front of the fire (which we highly recommend while drinking a couple of these).
- 2 ounces dark rum (we use Myer's)
- 4 ounces hot water
- 2 Tablespoons butter batter (recipe below)
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
In a mug, spoon in butter batter, then pour in your rum and hot water. Stir thoroughly with a spoon or even a small whisk to incorporate everything. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.
Butter Batter Recipe (makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1/4 cup Campfire Syrup™
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves (go easy or they'll overpower everything else)
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients so you've got a uniform batter. Spoon into drinks immediately, or allow it to set in the fridge for at least an hour for later use.