Nothing says summer like a s'mores around the campfire. We took this childhood favorite and adult-ed it up with some bourbon, because we want to have our dessert and drink it too. Orange County Distillery's Honey Bourbon provides a great base here with a little Campfire Syrup™ and some cacao liqueur to round out the flavor and take you back to your summer camp days.
Campfire Old Fashioned (makes 1 drink)
- 2 oz graham cracker-infused Orange County Distillery Honey Bourbon (recipe below)
- 1 bar spoon of Red & Brown Campfire Syrup™
- 1 bar spoon of Tuthilltown Spirits Cacao Liqueur
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 toasted marshmallow for garnish
In a rocks glass add the Campfire syrup, cacao liqueur, and bitters and stir them together.
Add a large block of ice and pour in the bourbon. Stir 30 times and garnish with a toasted marshmallow.
Graham Cracker Infused Bourbon (makes enough for 4 drinks)
- 10 oz Orange County Distillery Honey Bourbon
- 4 graham crackers, crushed
In a non-reactive container with a lid add your bourbon and crushed graham crackers. Give everything a good stir, place the lid on and let the mixture sit overnight.
The next day, strain out the solids through a coffee filter or cheese cloth. Be sure to squeeze out every bit of bourbon you can; about an ounce or two will get absorbed by the crackers.